Job description Start date: ASAP Role overview – Full-time We are looking for a results-driven and experienced Financial Controller to manage and improve our organization’s financial reporting, ensure complete compliance with company procedures and prevailing laws, identify and mitigate all operational risks. The Financial controller will work closely with the FD and will report to the MD. Performs comparative analyses of financial statements and reports thus must be able to analyze and interpret the information effectively for executives to understand and make informed decisions. Monitor and evaluating Internal controls, managing risk, ensuring compliance with regulations, publishing financial statements, overseeing accounting operations, analyzing financial data, monitoring expenditure, coordinating auditing processes, and ensuring accuracy of financial information Required Qualities Superior analytical skills and a high level of attention to detail to review accounts, evaluate the internal control systems of an organization, identify shortcomings and recommend suitable changes to management. Good organizational and communication skills to work with a range of documents, compiling internal control reports and preparing presentations for senior management. Good accounting skills with a solution-focused mindset. Key tasks and responsibilities Weekly
- Establish an invoice register to log all invoices received. Ensure this is maintained
- Maintain all the necessary reporting to the banks and backup system reports
- Maintain the company bank balance and remain cognizant of outstanding cheques, Review bank reconciliations
- Read and review any documentation attached to cheques for accuracy and approval
- Work with the FD, QC and MD to develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Supervise Quality controller’s work and ensure internal control weaknesses are identified through exception reporting and addressed accordingly to avoid recurrence.
- Ensure employees are trained on company procedures and policies
- Establish with FD and MD a checklist of month end control activities to be performed with different timelines and actors.
- Confirm the accuracy of all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Revenue Recognition
- Review payroll schedule as invoiced to client’s vs scheduled payments before validation
- Make sure all figures on the TB are accurate
- review monthly and annual financial statements suitably analyzed to show previous period, budget and variances
- Review all reconciliations, bank, AR and AP.
- Coordinate with the auditors and be prepared to surrender documentation if called upon
- Assist the FD in budgeting and forecasting
|Job Category||Accounting / Finance|